This snowmod is made for GTA IV PC Version.
This mod is made by wtc (gtaforum.nl) alias jumbo0 (gtaforums.com) alias jumbo04 (youtube) (Living in Belgium and 19 years old)
GTA IV is an awesome game made by Rockstar Games. They did a great job making this game! This mod makes Liberty City to Winter Wonderland!
Roads, trees, rooftops, parks, ... are covered in snow. Also it isn't raining anymore, but it's snowing!
The updated handling file makes it harder to drive around the city, so be careful when you step on it! But remember, there are always cars that have an ABS system...
I want to remind you that I've never made mods for any GTA version before! The only "mods" I've made are the 'Heavy Car mod', 'Water Mod' and the 'Busses Mod'!
I made this snowmod all on my own and without experience of modding, so yes I'm an amateur! So don't expect miracles from me!
GTA IV Snow Mod v2.0! SOON AVAILABLE ON GTAGARAGE !
GTA IV Snow Mod v2.0
Jumbo0: Original maker of the GTA IV Snow Mod v1.0 v1.1 and v2.0.
i_speel_good: Remodelled the trees to get all the leaves off. (v2.1)
gr8man: Maker of the renewed snowfall and he created the dynamic tracks cars make in the snow.
Jantsu92: Edited the sounds, so you can't hear the skidding tyres, rainfall, ... .
RussianCJ: Made it possible to throw snowballs.
WHAT'S NEW IN V2.0
- Cars make dynamic snow tracks, what makes it way more realistic
- No leaves anymore on the trees
- Real snowfall
- Removed "rainy shine" when it's snowing
- Road barriers covered in snow
- Completly new handling, way more realistic and fun
- Some bugfixes, places that weren't covered in snow are covered now
- Improved visualsettings
There are a lot of things that needs to be replaced, first of all MAKE BACKUPS IF YOU WANT TO!
Second, YOU NEED GTA IV SNOW MOD V1.1 TO USE V2.0! Use Spark IV or something similar to install files.
You can download GTA IV Snow Mod v1.1 (this is complete version) here: http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=5740
* INSTALLATION OF V1.1 *
1) Download ALL 5 PARTS
2) When finished ALL 5 Parts right mouse click on the first part and selece to unzip (in separated folder if you would like it)
3) Follow readme thats inside
* INSTALLATION OF V2.0 *
1) Copy "Timecyc" from the archieve and paste it in ... /Grand Theft Auto IV/pc/data (SO YOU NEED TO RESET THE BRIGHTNESS AND CONTRAST INGAME)
2) Copy "VehicleFx" from the archieve and paste it in ... /Grand Theft Auto IV/common/data/effects
3) Open "Handling" in the archieve. Copy "handling" and paste it in ... /Grand Theft Auto IV/common/data
(*) 4) In the "Handling" folder in the archieve choose one of the "Materials" files and paste it in ... /Grand Theft Auto IV/common/data/materials
5) Install the .WTD and .WDR files using Spark IV or something similar.
Just go to the folder as the archieve says. For example:
In the archieve: GTA IV Snow Mod v2.0/maps/East/Bronx_e/alleywaybxe.wdr needs to be placed in ... /Grand Theft Auto IV/pc/data/maps/east/bronx_e.IMG with Spark IV
Do this for all files in the "Maps" folder of the archieve.
6) Copy "gtxd.img" from the archieve and paste + overwrite it in ... /Grand Theft Auto IV/pc/data/cdimages
7) Copy "ext_veg.img" from the archieve and past + overwrite it in ... /Grand Theft Auto IV/pc/data/maps/props/vegetation
8) Copy the files in "Audio" from the archieve and paste them in Grand Theft Auto IV\pc\audio\Sfx\resident.rpf (also with Spark IV)
9) For the snowfall:
- In the archieve/Snow Fall, import fx_rain with Spark IV to Grand Theft Auto IV/Textures
- Copy "gtaRainEmitter, gtaRainRender, gtaStormEmitter, gtaStormRender from the archieve and paste them in ... /Grand Theft Auto IV/pc/data/effects
10) For the dynamic tracks: Copy 'fxprojex' in the archieve (Tracks) and import with Spark IV in Grand Theft Auto IV/Textures
(*): There are 5 files in the 'Handling' map in the archieve.
You need to replace the handling.dat file to ... /Grand Theft Auto IV/common/data
Then you have 4 material files:
- Materials_v1.0: This is the original materials files, you can use that one if you don't want any 'snow-handling' and just the original R* handling
- Materials_v2.0_heavy: This is the newest snow-handling, in this file it feels like you're riding on ice, it's very hard but very funny to drive!
- Materials_v2.0_light: This is the newest snow-handling, in this file it's a little slippery, but not too much, you can perfectly do missions with it
- Materials_v2.0_medium: This is the newest snow-handling, this handling was used for the "GTA IV Snow Mod v2.0 Official Trailer".
I think this is the best handling for people who want to have fun and get the real feeling of driving into snow. I recommend this one. Maybe it's not the ideal one for missions...
It doesn't matter what 'Materials' file you choose, you STILL need to replace the Handling.dat file!
For further info or if you have questions I suggest you go to the Snow Mod topic on GTAForums.com at this link:
You can also email to email@example.com