What is it?
Mod Loader is an ASI Plugin for Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto San Andreas that adds an extremely user-friendly and easy way to install and uninstall your modifications, without even messing around anything in your game installation.
The usage is simple, you just have to create one or more folders inside modloader directory and then drop the mod contents there. It's done. It is recommended to have one folder for each modification you have.
Do not replace ANY original file, never, really.
Let Mod Loader take care of everything
Data files merging. Therefore you can for example have 70 handling.cfg files at modloader and they'll all work perfectly fine.
Readme files reading. No need to care about taking the data line from the readme file and placing in the data file, Mod Loader does that for you too!
Refreshable mods. Change or add the files while the game is running and see the results immediatelly!
Command line support. See modloader/.data/Command Line Arguments.md.
In-Game menu for configurations. Go to Options > Mod Configuration.
v0.2.4 (Feb 09 2015)
* Added IDE refresher.
* Added *AUDIO/STREAMS/*, TrakLkUp.dat and StrmPaks.dat overriders.
* Added *stream.ini* merger.
* Added profiles, a feature to let you have different mod setups with easy switching between them or even automatic *(See modloader/.data/Profiles.md for details)*.
* Wildcards support has been expanded plus not only the IgnoreFiles list support wildcards but the others too.
* IPL and IDE files given to modloader NEED to be registered in *gta.dat* like before, the *not needing* approach was error-prone.
* Restored the `mod` command line and also added the `-modprof` command line to load a profile. *(See modloader/.data/Command Line Arguments.md for details)*.
* The `mod` command line allows the user to specify a priority now.
* Fixed non-GENRL wave files not being installed properly.
* Other minor fixes.
* Fixed readme lines for gta.dat not handled properly.
* carcols.dat lines with only a single color are allowed now.
* Fixed profiles inheritance.
* Fixed last menu page being empty when number of mods is multiple of 9.
See modloader/.data/CHANGELOG.md file for the changelog of all versions.
An absolutely incredible tool. I have no complaints about it. Makes modding easy as pie. Yes, SOME mods don't work. But like another user said: If it doesn't work in modloader, it's not worth my download. That's how good this tool is. Thanks so much for creating this!