Discussion

aikido19
Posted on 21 Jun 2011, 10:18am

Group: Modders

i saw similar tool from somewhere...

seggaeman
Posted on 01 Jul 2011, 10:35pm

From your PM you are referring to Kam's tool. Well yes this one is similar but incorporates some improvements. For example import of normals. It also imports faster.

atfburner
Posted on 02 Jul 2011, 3:29am

will you be supporting vertex alphas & map object animation for vice city in the future?

seggaeman
Posted on 03 Jul 2011, 8:07pm

It supports vertex alpha import. As for anims yes got plans to add but can't say when.

atfburner
Posted on 07 Jul 2011, 12:28am

Ok im really interested in this now. will pass over some feedback in the next few days. Thanks.

atfburner
Posted on 16 Jul 2011, 3:20am

One of the models I've been waiting a long time to edit seams to be importing just fine - the vice city lighthouse beam... Finally!! Such a great effort on your part for releasing. Thanks :cookie: Will you be creating a dff exporter?

seggaeman
Posted on 23 Jul 2011, 10:52pm

Glad you like it :) An exporter is under consideration; I might start coding it after adding UV anim support to this tool. What would you like to see in an exporter? That is what features do you feel are missing in zmodeler 2 and Kam's scripts (and which bugs could be corrected). Yeah I know it sounds strange but I've exported very few models. Less than 10.

atfburner
Posted on 26 Jul 2011, 1:57pm

a dff importer for the VC ps2 would be something entirely new as only a dff to obj exists meaning no vertex colour and other limitations of that format. A lot of stuff on the ps2 disc intersts me & i can provide structure info/models. Would you be willing to add this ? You know having a comprehensive working exporter including vertex alpha in max is a personal dream for VC :D SA would benefit too. Issues with Kams tools Importing/viewing alphas dont display in max, currently need to select path to them manually and click "show std map in viewport" every time. (Would save mouse clicking 8 times per alpha) DffIO After the flags in the geometry struct there is one byte for the uv set count and a second that is unknown (0 or 1) Kam assumed that these 2 bytes are a word and contain the uv set count. That is wrong and the second byte is unknwon at the moment but writing 0 fixes any issues in it. Exporting day and night vertex colours for SA. currently have to import night vertex colours via rw-analyse. If you want a challenge on top of the above ones, not an imp/exp request but a 2dfx section as a stack modifier for Vice so we can visually check changes before running the game. thats about all i can think of for now.

DimZet13
Posted on 16 Nov 2011, 8:05pm

+1 Needed .dff VC(PS2) Importer

bit
brick bit ?E?E bit bit
bit bit   bit bit