This is a CLEO script that allows the player to lie down and take a sleep. Sleep accelerates time and regenerates health. This comes in handy when the player wish to skip time (when using mods that makes in-game time run realistically, for example) and/or to recover health.
There are three options - "nap", "normal sleep" and "deep sleep". Nap accelerates time slower than normal sleep, while deep sleep involves faster acceleration. For normal sleep, press F10. For nap, press F9. And then for deep sleep, press F11. To wake up, press F12.
Consider this as an "extension" of my other mod, Quick Reflexes, as it involves time manipulation and my further "tinkering" of the "game speed" code.
The original version (1.0) of GTA: San Andreas and Seemann's CLEO ASI plug-in are required for this mod to work.
Latest version of the CLEO ASI is recommended.
Released Versions -
- Beta 1 - The very first version. Previously known as "1.0". Involves basic time acceleration and sleeping animations.
- Beta 2 - Previously known as "1.1". The 3 sleep modes (nap, normal sleep, deep sleep) were implemented. A bug that forces CJ to wake up after receiving damage is fixed (though partially).
- Beta 2 - Alternate Version - An alternate version of the second beta, in response to the request of Rv17, which involves only the sleeping animations. Has no technical use other than for aesthetics. May be useful for producing GTA: San Andreas "machinima" media.
Future Versions -
- Beta 3 - More realistic and strict sleeping mechanic. All 3 sleep modes will share the same time acceleration, but have more limited uses. Nap can only be used for a more short limited amount of time, whereas deep sleep involves longer limited amount of time of use. Health regeneration whilst sleeping will also be a lot slower, so that sleeping could then be a slower alternative to food to replenish health. And possibly, a new "energy stat" will be implemented which will limit the amount of time which is depleted by activity and while awake, and replenished through sleep. The energy stat would be an optional feature. A bug that involves breaking the map would also be fixed.
- Beta 3 - Alternate Version - The second beta only with animation improvements. Mechanics would remain the same.
Hi, guys. This is angeloelibz24. (This is a new account.) Just wanna let you guys know that I won't be working on the Quick Reflexes and Sleep mods anymore. I have updated the former, though, so it now has a duration meter, but I have no intention of releasing the update. There's already a bunch of mods that serve the same purpose, some of which do it better like the Adrenaline Ability mod. As for the latter, I decided to remake it into simpler mod. It will still allow the player to fast-forward time, but there will also be an option to instantly skip time via a menu. If successful, I'll be releasing it (as Darchang310/atheoang3l0).