This mod intends to make GTA IV a bit more realistic.
1. This main thing this mod does is to completely remove the crosshair and the ammo display, but leaving the rest of the hud as is.
2. Optionally, you can enable inaccurate weapons that are also more powerful, and the ability to carry 2 pistols at a time.
1. A more realistic hud:
- This mod removes any crosshairs on foot and in cars.
- It does also remove the display of your weapon's ammo.
2. Weapons feeling:
I just couldn't have it that the guns are so accurate, so...
- Weapons spread much larger now, depending on the weapon type. (e.g.: Uzi spreads more than a Deagle)
- Weapons do realistic damage, like 2 shots of the normal pistol can kill a cop. but remember: its harder to hit
- Weapons have real clip sizes, e.g.: deagle=7 and you can carry max 10 clips
- You can have 2 Pistols, a Deagle and the normal Pistol in your inventory at the same time
- You can have one of two shotsguns at a time
- In addition to that ou can have either the uzi, the mp5, the ak47 or the m4 (or m16 whatever) at the same time.
- You can also shoot out of cars with more weapons
With both features turned on, GTA IV feels more real and more like a tactical shooting game.
- Tested with 1.0.3 - 1.0.7
btw. i suggest using one additional mod to improve the realism:
"ragdoll by pain" (made by hippiecommunist) enables ragdoll for some time when hit.
this and the fact that every hit drains your health quite a lot if you use the mod above compensate the fact that the cops shoot "really lousy" relatively good.
after all, would you hit instantly if you'd get into an real street fight
Actually i did change the accuracy in the weaponinfo, but i am still hit by the cops. But i know some people don't like it that way, which is why i made the weapons modification optionally. the mod is really no crosshair at first!
that looks awesome, how did you do it? This could be the sort of mod i am looking for.
and please tell if you increased the spread in weaponinfo. That would mean peds wouldn't hit a thing with the weapons because Niko's aim is artificially improved(if you are using mouse)