It's been almost 20 years since the release of the original Grand Theft Auto and to satisfy people's lust until a true 3D conversion is made, I have made a texture pack for GTA3.
Roads - Replaced with converted textures from the original Grand Theft Auto. (Top-Down View is recommended for full nostalgia)
Grass - Converted from GTA1.
Water - Converted from GTA1 with particle effects
Pavements/Side-walks - The classic yellow brick texture from GTA1
Player - Low detail skin with yellow jumper and blue trousers.
Weapon Icons - Original icons converted from GTA1 with some others made in the same style.
Radar - Based off the map that came with the original game, incl. map icons
HUD - Powerhouse font with R* stars.
Time-Cycle - Permanently sunny with a bright blue sky.
Fonts - Pricedown has been replaced with Powerhouse (the titular GTA1 font) and Clarendon has taken place of Geneva.
Menus - Classic GTA1 menu background with custom logo
Intros - DMA intro with custom titles.
Splash Screens - Artwork from GTA1 showing various characters.
- More Detailed Roads (Road Markings)
- Rocks and Cliffs now have GTA1 textures
- Calahan Bridge and the Staunton Lift Bridge now use GTA1 Textures
- Cochrane Dam now uses GTA1 textures
- Trains now use GTA1 Textures
- Higher Quality Grass Textures
- GTA1 Fire Particle Effects
- Trees now use GTA1 textures
- Updated Weapon Icons
- Updated Intro
- Better Player Skin
- Menus now use higher quality background
- Easter Eggs hidden in a couple of places
Reference Guide - http://gta.mendelsohn.de/
GXT Editor V1.3
GTA1 Modding Tools
Microsoft Movie Maker
and of course... DMA Design (Rockstar North)