This little map mod makes that vacant lot in Downtown opposite the VCN building have something in it, a restaurant/bar. I have other ideas to fill the map with things, but this is what I have for now. The interior is inaccessible as I don't know how to get rid of the invisible wall in place of the windows, so this mod just serves as a simple cosmetic dress up of the purely empty building.
To install Follow these steps:
1. Find your gta_vc.dat file in the data file of the game's directory and find the line
Then put this underneath it
Or alternatively you can replace your gtavc.dat file with mine if you haven't already modded yours.
2. After you do this, just place the incafe folder in the maps folder.
3. Open up gta3.img in the models folder of the Vice City directory and then find the file dt_shops1.txd. Delete it then replace it with my file of the same name. This is a retexture I did of the interior and the exterior using GIMP. Be sure to remember to rebuild the archive after you have replaced the file with mine.
One other thing you WILL need to do is get the VCLimitAdjuster by Stevie, look the mod up. And set these values to it
Streaming Memory: 90
This has to be done because my mod reaches the amount of objects the game can contain and the game will crash as it is trying to load too many. This limit adjuster mod increases the limit the game can hold and the values can be changed at any time.
Load up the game and you should be good to go. This is my first real attempt at making the game look a little less bland in some areas and I hope it travels well. If there are any problems just make a post in the topic or pm me. As always, back up any relevent files before adding the mod incase anything goes wrong.
1. Updated to have new brick texture on the outside.
2. Added some street items to fill out the outside some, inlcuding parking metres, news paper bins and some chairs with umbrellas.
Made by me, Xegethra. This is my mod, you are not permitted to upload and host my mod elsewhere.
Thank you for taking the time to look at my mod!
If you download my mod and have a YouTube account and do gameplay videos, you are welcome to showcase the mod. Likewise, if you do playthroughs and have my mod installed, feel free to link people to the mod hosted here.
There are screenshots.
I uploaded them with the mod, and because it took so long to become available, I wasn't aware the screenshots would take longer to show.
Just now checked back and I'm glad to see it's all up and running
Two versions of the mod. I have decided to upload two versions of my mod. one version just changes the interior alone, the other will also change the exterior.
So you can download either version of the mod depending on how you feel about that.