Liberty City - Sky Full of Stars! Mod by MW and ThirteenAG
Now there is no more empty space above your head but sky full of stars this time in Liberty City skies, in evenings, nights and downs!
Coop work between MW and ThirteenAG led to conversion of great looking Vice mod straight to Liberty City.
Looks better with ENB series visual addon.
a. Copy directory: 'nightsky' to "..\Data\Maps\" directory
b. Modify the gta3.dat file:
-below "# Object types" add line:
-below "IDE DATA\MAPS\MAKING\MAKING.ide" add line:
-below "COLFILE 0 MODELS\COLL\GENERIC.COL" add line:
COLFILE 0 DATA\MAPS\nightsky\nightsky.COL
-below "COLFILE 3 DATA\MAPS\LANDsw\LANDsw.col" add line:
c. To have HQ moon, using TXDWorkshop import new 'coronamoon' .bmp into particles.txd file in ... /Models/
- now your sky will look amazing at night time!
- great effect done via four skybox models, as customized TOBJs:
~ from 20 to 21, light stars effect
~ from 21 to 22, medium stars effect
~ from 22 to 5, full stars effect
~ from 5 to 6, light stars effect again
- model height above 570 m up
- new sky model has "empty" COL file, so you can go/drive/swim/fly through "stars-box" if you have game area borders adjusted
- bonus! a new high quality moon texture attached in mod archive!
- to have bloom, antialias, color correction, better lights, motion blur, platete color correction and similar effects visit this site and download GTA 3 v0.0075
- if you zoom in stars texture using on example camera it could seem to be sh*tty quality, however it is 2048x2048, so zooming is not always so good if you want to keep global effect nice