IMG Organizer v1.0 for GTA III and GTA Vice City
This project based on IMG Organizer and IMG Limit Adjuster for SA by fastman92. You can find it here - http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=22125
Thanks to fastman92 for his awesome tools and sources.
This script splits up gta3.img into many small IMG archives such as airport.img, radar.img, weapons.img and more.
1) If you have a fresh installed GTA 3, you have to start it once, to let the game create txd.img with this "optimized textures" or something. Make sure you have txd.img before installing IMG Organizer.
2) Backup your GTA 3.
3) Copy all files from [III] IMGOrganizer to GTA 3 directory.
4) Run IMG_organizer.bat as ADMINISTRATOR. It's especially important when using a script on Vista or Seven with UAC enabled.
5) Wait about 3 minutes until "Press any key to continue" will appear.
GTA Vice City:
1) Backup your GTA Vice City.
2) Copy all files from [VC] IMGOrganizer to GTA 3 directory.
3) Run IMG_organizer.bat as ADMINISTRATOR. It's especially important when using a script on Vista or Seven with UAC enabled.
4) Wait about 3 minutes until "Press any key to continue" will appear.
Several amount of files stays in gta3.img, such as player.dff, player.txd and other.(afaik, more of them are cutscene related) They should be in gta3.img, because both games will have a crash otherwise.
Just put to gta3.img what you had to put to gta3.img.
Run IMG_Organizer.bat again, wait less than 10 seconds
You can keep original files and put the mods into separate img archives.
I will try to explain with an example of HQ Vice City Radar by yojo2: http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=6585
1) Download the hqr-vc.zip and extract radar00.txd - radar63.txd somewhere, for example, into hqr-vc folder. Then create new img archive with those files. If you don't know how, proceed steps 2 and 3.
2) Put fastman92ImgConsole.exe alongside hqr-vc folder.
3) Start fastman92ImgConsole.exe in interactive mode and print this:
-create "hqradar.img" "1"
4) Copy hqradar.img and hqradar.dir into GTA Vice City models folder.
5) Open "GTA Vice City\data\gta_vc.dat"
6) As you can see, list of IMG archives located at the beginning, and to replace original radar files, you should put hqradar.img after or instead original radar.img:
CDIMAGE models\hqradar.img <!
commented over 2 years ago:
It's convenient, but we get a problem with mapping in Ked (Moo Mapper)