v1.2.8 - last updated October 28, 2012
WHAT IT DOES
- This script decreases your movement speed depending on the weapons, ammo, and cash you're carrying. (All speed penalties can be tweaked.)
- Holding ALT increases movement speed by 20%. Doing so while sprinting requires/drains Adrenaline. (This can be tweaked or disabled.)
- Large amounts of cash and all weapons except the knife and pistols are stored in a backpack or duffel bag on your back, not in your magic pockets. (This can be tweaked or disabled.)
- Pressing * on the numpad drops the current weapon permanently. While unarmed, hold PageDown and press * to remove armor. (This can be disabled.)HOW TO INSTALL
This is a script for HazardX's .NET scripthook. Just place the files in the 'scripts' folder of the .NET scripthook.
- Tweak the settings in the INI file to suit your preferences.
- Carrying lots of guns and ammo can have a major effect on your speed. Drop weapons you don't need.
- I recommend using my Weapon Storage mod if you want to get rid of weapons without losing them forever.
- Having 1 armor affects your speed the same as 100 armor. When your armor gets low, it might be a good idea to just remove it.
- To avoid being slowed down too much by your cash, use my Bank Account mod to store money at ATMs. Or set the cash speed penalty to 0.0.
- For realism, I recommend editing your WeaponInfo.xml file and decreasing the max ammo for every weapon to something realistic.
- If you use the "hurry" feature: Adrenaline is shown as a white bar under the radar. It recharges more slowly when you're moving fast. Also, when running from the cops, try to save some Adrenaline for when you get tired and can't sprint.
- After the "MaxTotalPenalty" is reached, additional weight just makes the hurry button less effective, until hurrying has no effect.
- Unfortunately, you can't get weapons or armor back after dropping them, due to script limitations. See the GTAForums thread for an alternate (sometimes buggy) version that I use, which allows dropped weapons to be picked back up.
- Melee weapons disappear when dropped, instead of falling to the ground.
- Conflicts with my Hurry Up script. The latest version of Weapon Weight incorporates Hurry Up, so only use one or the other, not both.