This mod changes the weapon and explosion sounds to real recordings. They were taken in areas with lots of surroundings to fit the large city atmosphere of GTA IV.
All real sounds of .40 S&W, .357, 9mm, 7.62x39mm, 5.56x45mm, 12 Gauge, and 7.62x51mm calibers, taken from some of the exact weapons. Also featuring RPG and Real Explosion sounds.
- All the modded sounds have been update and are more clean, plus some are changed.
- Explosions are louder, some of the guns are louder
- Tried to balance the loudness of the weapons more
New video showing v1.2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=584g3XTqGLk
- Download StarkIV tool, if you don't already have it
- Go to your Grand Theft Auto IV/pc/audio/sfx folder and copy & paste the resident.rpf file in a different folder as a "back up" (or use StarkIV to export the current WEAPONS.ivaud and EXPLOSIONS.ivaud as a back up)
- Open StarkIV, click GTAIV, go down to pc -> audio, then click on sfx. Scroll and click on resident.rpf, then click RESIDENT, and import the modded EXPLOSIONS.ivaud and WEAPONS.ivaud