Language loader 1.0
This ASI plugin adjusts number of possible languages to configure.
By default GTA San Andreas is able to load 5 of languages, while US menu is configured to display 2 of them.
Even though there are 5 languages, it is not enough for someone who is gonna add new language instead of overwritting existing one
Now you can configure more than 5 languages, up to 11.
Adding languages is very simple: add language GXT key like "FEL_POL" to every used .gxt with a name of added language
according to a GXT. Configure .ini to use added .gxt
Works with GTA San Andreas v1.0 [US] HOODLUM No-CD Fixed EXE & GTA: San Andreas v1.01 [EURO] No-CD/Fixed EXE
Make sure you are using following gta_sa.exe versions:
1. GTA San Andreas v1.0 [US] HOODLUM No-CD Fixed EXE:
EXE size: 14 383 616 bytes
You need to have ASI loader installed in order to run .asi
If you have CLEO Library you already have it.
- Put LanguageLoader.asi to a root of GTA San Andreas directory.
- Copy one of "text" folders included in archive of this mod.
- "text" here is default configuration with 2 languages only
- if you are polish, copy "5 standard languages + 6th polish\text"
- you will get 6 languages possible to configure in menu
- "text\5 standard languages from EURO version" 5 languages to configure, just like in EURO versions
The main purpose of this plugin is not just to use default 5 languages, but do something more - adjust limit of languages.
You can have up to 11 your own configured languages.
- Open text\Languages.ini
- Find: Number_of_languages in [MAIN] section
- Increase Number_of_languages as you are want to one one.
- Add new section with number of language like this:
GXT_language_key = FEL_POL
GXT_file = polish.gxt
Is_system_metric = 1
- GXT_language_key - name of GXT key which contains adjectival name of language e.g FEL_POL
- This GXT key should exist in all of .gxt while name of language will be different in different languages.
- FEL_POL would be "Polish" in american.gxt, while it is "Polski" in polish.gxt
- GXT_file - very simple property to understand, it is just name of used GXT file for this language relative to "text\" .
- Is_system_metric - if set to 1, GTA San Andreas will use metric units like meters (M) in Statistics >> Archievements
- as well as opcode 0424: is_system_metric will be affected
- Otherwise if you set it to 0, imperial units such as foots (FT) will be used and 0424 opcode will return false.
Now editing all GXT files. Download good GXT editor for .gxt files. I recommend GTA: San Andreas GXT Editor 1.3 created by Hammer83
Download here: http://www.thegtaplace.com/downloads/f568-gta-san-andreas-gxt-editor-1-3
- Add new .gxt file to "text\" directory.
- Open every of .gxt files (gxt file of added language as well). Do steps as described below
- Select MAIN section
- Click Entry >> Add
- Enter name of GXT key as configured GXT_language_key
- Enter value of created GXT entry, it should be adjectival name of added language according to edited .gxt file.
- It means if you add e.g polish language, then new key in american.gxt should have a value "Polish"
- but the same key in german.gxt would have a value "Polnisch"
For: GTA San Andreas
Email: [email protected]
This mod is essential for european people who want to mod their game properly. It's a very nice addon. I can have all the languages of the EU version in a proper way and all the possibilities of the US version. 5/5
commented over 3 years ago:
Can you make indonesia language loader because im indonesia
alex au, unlikely it is not easy to make it for GTA San Andreas. The problem of chinese in GTA SA is that GTA SA uses ASCII to select letters from small alphabet. Chinese language uses a lot of characters. There are lots of things to discover in gta_sa.exe to make possible non-alphabet languages in GTA SA.
There is a Japanese version of GTA SA. Surely it can't be impossible.