signbit
bit
nav_l nav_r
Discussion

J3LM3R
Posted on 17 Mar 2006, 7:42pm

Group: Modders

Map mod for GTA San Andreas

Large Airhanger at LVS airport, containing airplanes, cranes and more stuff that you'll find at plane 'repairshops'.
(made from objects in SA)

complete mod (not half finished)
+/- 500 obj.
Easy install
No known bugs
You can keep your savedgames (no main.scm modded)
also see GTAforums
http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=229508

J3LM3R
Posted on 23 Mar 2006, 11:21am

After uploading the file, I discovered the game will crash while loading your saved game > I'm trying to fix that now.
You can see at http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=229508
if the bugs are fixed.
Sorry for all the trouble, I hope you've backed-up the files. The next release will work (I don't no when but I hope soon)

J3LM3R

:rah:

CharlieDu
Posted on 25 Mar 2006, 8:25am

Have you put some interiors in the .IPL FIle? like a bar or enterable house? or a thing that related to a mission? or some special plane hangers? cos if you did, then the game will crash certainly when loading about half way

J3LM3R
Posted on 26 Mar 2006, 2:43pm

No thats not it > I've deleted two small hangers to make some room for other objects; but the LOD files of the hangers caused some trouble. Fixed that now and added some more stuff.
I tested the mod on bugs and found none.

This mod caused a lot troubles, I'm sorry for you downloading it and finding out it doesn't work. (it happens when modding stuff)

checked everything for bugs again and again and ....etc. hope you like it.

enjoy it,

J3LM3R

K.I.T.T.
Posted on 31 May 2006, 8:29am

i just installed this mod and when i load the game it crashes. i have no idea what's wrong with it. any suggestions?

J3LM3R
Posted on 31 May 2006, 3:50pm

Did you install it properly? (sorry but I have to ask it)
I had a similair bug before but that one is fixed. I'll have another look at it.

EDIT: I downloaded the package again from the site - after installing it according to the readme (like a n00b) it worked normal so if you follow the instructions it should function. Otherwise explain to me what you have done so I can can help you install it.
(or PM me at GTAforums).

good luck.

K.I.T.T.
Posted on 01 Jun 2006, 9:16am

i folowed the instuctions exactly except i don't get this part

"*extract planeindustry.IPL And VegasS.IPL to .../Data/maps/vegas"

there is no VegasS.ILP in the files that were downloaded.

EDIT: i figured it out. i made a small mistake and put the file in the wrong place. but i still don't get why it says "AND VEGASS.ILP" there. is that a mistake?

J3LM3R
Posted on 05 Jun 2006, 9:12pm

Yeah thats a mistake :sui:

I'd made another entry to the airport (south side) I had to remove a piece of a fence so thats why I included VegasS.IPL but it didn't work out so I left it out of the final version. (however I didn't change the Readme - so it still says that you have to replace VegasS.IPL

My mistake; I hope you didn't have any trouble with it.

BTW: What do you think of it:p?

EvilWolf
Posted on 15 Jul 2006, 6:50pm

Group: Members

its weird when i instaled the mod i had BAD FPS lag (what im about to say may sound wierd but its good for when i get there) i installed the mod when i was at the very begining of the game and i had to fly to las ven and get killed and look at the planes because (for some reason) it had to draw them so it would stop fps lagging

and where is the big hanger all i see is the 3 or 4 (possibly 5) airplanes connected to the terminal

J3LM3R
Posted on 18 Jul 2006, 8:15pm

It's located in the corner of the airport North-West. i'll post a screen that shows a top view.

Btw: I couldn't really understand what you were saying. could you explain it to me again please:sigh:?

I need to know if its my mod acting strange or if you've done something wrong (and I could perhaps help you).

J3LM3R

Edit: just uploaded a pic from birds view - should be online by now.

Edmachine
Posted on 28 Jul 2006, 9:52am

Could you make that people actually like "work" there? That would be great...

*Connecting to server*...
*Downloading*...
*Downloading*...
*Downloading*...
*Download Finished*...
*Idle*...

lol :P

J3LM3R
Posted on 02 Aug 2006, 9:56am

Could you make that people actually like "work" there? That would be great...

*Connecting to server*...
*Downloading*...
*Downloading*...
*Downloading*...
*Download Finished*...
*Idle*...

lol :P

Indeed that would be great...(thought of it before) but it would require animation files wich are not in the original game -> would mean I have to make them myself and then they (the anims) had to be added to the object definition files where you'd like to have the peds do somthing (at the objest). you'd also need paths where peds would walk and you'll have to find the proper pedgroup to walk there. sice you don't want tourists or prostitutes etc. do the job :pp

I'll have another look at it and see If it can be done but don't expect much. (I'll experiment with the SA animations)
maybe i can get the anims work but the paths might be very difficult unless GTAforums has a tutorial about it.

sorry for any lack of update from me but I had to finish my casemod PC so I had to reinstall the whole computer (now my SA savedgames don't work anymore:sui:).

J3LM3R
:pp

Edmachine
Posted on 02 Aug 2006, 12:15pm

I think there are some animations that would do, but also is the thing with the table and glass fixed?(walking trough the table and falling if walking trough the glass)

J3LM3R
Posted on 03 Aug 2006, 4:52pm

*The table thing and the other bug can be fixed -> I found objects that could replace them that are solid.
*About the animations: I know that there are animations siutable for the inside office and I think I can find a few more (I'll just have to study peds in SA).

(I think that I'll fix the two bugs if I can get the animations work - if not I'll bring out an other version that has it fixed.)

I'm also working on parked cars, planes etc. in the binary IPL files (in HEX) so you don't have to start a new game. (in the normal IPL file you would have to do that to see the cars)

I'll post here again when I found something or fixed something.

J3LM3R

btw. my savedgames work again
:lol:

[DRuG]NikT
Posted on 01 Jun 2007, 9:22am

Fantastic idea for a mod mate - I wish Rockstar had paid as much attention to the airports as u have.

Love ya work

J3LM3R
Posted on 01 Jul 2007, 1:26pm

QUOTE ([DRuG)
NikT @ 03:22, Jun 01 2007]Fantastic idea for a mod mate - I wish Rockstar had paid as much attention to the airports as u have.

Love ya work

"I wish Rockstar had paid as much attention to the airports as u have" - me too.. but I think that they don't have the amount of time I have, to spend on a small bit of the map.. so they leave more space open for us to fill in..:D

SmokingCookie
Posted on 06 Jul 2007, 8:19am

I am experimenting with the LOD system in GTA: SA and I can now place LOD objects. Shall I do this? It would save you time to work on Alcatraz:D

J3LM3R
Posted on 19 Jul 2007, 8:37pm

To save you the effort.. no offense but i want the island to work first.. when it's impossible to make the island work, all the work for making the LOD's would be for nothing.. (I suppose you're talking about Alcatraz?)

This mod has LOD's and they're working fine I think.. It's just that there are so many objects so your computer needs a little time to load everything.. (If you like to add more LOD's (if there are any) be my guest and send me the modified files when you're done.. I'll upload them here then..

(I'm on vacation for two weeks, so its possible that I don't respond on a short notice..)

J3LM3R

SmokingCookie
Posted on 14 Aug 2007, 7:30am

No no no no I was talking about this mod:D Well, I have my own map mod with WORKING LODs (I am surprised, because I did it the right way in only 1 time, normally, I do everything +/-1500 times wrong before I dot it the right way only 1 time :P ). I can place LODs for the most common objects (E.G. the big hangar, planes etc.).

Oh and sorry for the lte response.

J3LM3R
Posted on 20 Aug 2007, 5:37pm

thats ok (about your response).. If you want, you may make the LOD's.. If you email me the files I'll upload them here..

J3LM3R

Pages: 1 2

bit
brick bit ?E?E bit bit
bit bit   bit bit