GTa San Andreas .Lod Mod
• No Permission is granted for the public to use, share or change the contents of these files for other projects or
total conversions only if the files are being used as personal home work. Any file hosting web-site
that holds links with the following materials will be removed as the website owns its own copyright that covers the
• Don't come to me to make request for permission, I'm not saying this twice.
• DON'T USE this mod for Srt3. It will f*ck up your entire game.
• Go to the Official Srt3 Thread and download the DLC from there.
* GTAforums Official Page - http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=323180
* Moddb Official Page -
* Official Gtaforums Page: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=498773
* Official Moddb Page: http://www.moddb.com/mods/gta-san-andreas-lod-mod
• General Information
• What .Lod Mod Does
• General Notes
• Things You Need To know
• General Issues
• Mod Installation - Tutorial
• Game Screenshots
* IT'S IMPORTANT that you should read the entire ReadMe.txt to understand the mod better.
• Author: BLITZ
• Installer: Setup
• Requirement: Standalone
• Game Version: Works with all versions.
• Mod Total Size: 173MB
• Mod Total Size on Disk: 177MB [Disk]
• Total Files: 4610 files
* 4492.dff files
* 35.txd files
* 24.col files
* 26 folders
* 57 data files
WHAT .LOD MOD DOES
• The mod changes the entire structure of San Andreas draw distance view.
• You will wonder why in the world there are some many files. Well because every .lod object is connected to each normal
object, reaching this number.
• The .dff's: .lod world is based on .dff's like any other normal material that you find in the game. Without this,
the mod doesn't exit. Though, I had some serious problems with the game and it forced me to bring some normal .dff's
in order to not see strange white objects into thin air at some certain point of the map.
• The .txd's: because couple of objects required to merge with other materials, some of them weren't connected with
the same .txd
• The col.'s: without the new collision files, you will see objects disappearing at some certain angles. [Read General Issues]
• The 5 new objects: I had to use the last 5 ID's in order to bring some objects in .lod world because these materials
didn't have nearby materials to connect. [Read Things you need to know]
• Underwater Terrian Aka Seabed: This belongs in .lod world as well so I had to bring them too. Although we have two
.lod trees that are covering the entire Country territory.
• No .lod Trees [Read Things you need to know]
• Following Changes:
• Data Folder, Maps Folder:
* Country & Desert: CountryE, CountryS, CountryW, CountryN [Aka Desert], CountryN2 [Aka Desert] .IDE & .IPL
* Los Santos: LAe, LAe2, LAn, LAn2, LAs, LAs2, LAw, LAw2, LAwn, LAHills .IDE & .IPL
* San Fierro: SFn, SFs, SFe, SFse, SFw. IDE & .IPL
* Las Vegas: VegasE, VegasN, VegasS, VegasW .IDE & .IPL
• Data Folder, Maps Folder, Generic Folder:
* dynamic .IDE
* dynamic2 .IDE
* vegepart. IDE
• Data Folder, Maps Folder, Leveldes Folder
• Models Folder
• Brings back .lod objects that were set as normal strings, possible that R* forgot to fix these files. The objects are working properly now;
* San Fierro Driving School garage doors
* oil tanks scattered around San Andreas like Country, Desert, Industrial
* water tower scattered around San Andreas like Country, Desert, Industrial
• Added 5 more new objects into the game.
• Fixes the chapel by removing Night Vertex in San Fierro North Aka Boat School location part of the map.
Now it doesn't go bright light at night anymore for both normal and .lod world.
• Brings back missing objects that doesn't exist .lod universe.[Read Things you need ot know]
• Brings back lots of objects that doesn't exist in .lod world like Las Venturas Sign, this is just one example.
• Las Venturas Neon Casinos are the single objects that are moving in draw distance. I just found out
some several minutes ago. I haven't even noticed that I manage to do that. You can view the pictures. [UPDATE]
• Seabed Aka Underwater land: It doesn't require .IDE & .IPL because the .lod is connected to the same texture.
• The Pyramid in Las Venturas had issues with one object. The top .lod point of the pyramid was smaller than the rest,
and when it was changed with the normal object, the result was overlapping with the rest of the other objects,
aka flickering bug that you get in some games or graphics. In order to fix this, I had to change the other objects
to see the point of the pyramid correctly. As extra, I have included Night Vertex into the object and now at night
you will see textures with lights instead of one huge white object. The object itself wasn't connected to any texture.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
* IMPORTANT NOTE!
• Don't ever install GTa San Andreas .Lod Mod over Project Oblivion. First Install GTa San Andreas .Lod Mod then Project Oblivion.
• The mod doesn't lagg and it will never give such problems. The game and his textures are so old that any four years
old PC can handle them and mine is very old.
• Draw Distance Settings: Don't think that if you install this mod, you will have a better change of playing the
game much smoother with draw distance set to off because .lod objects are now changed with the same normal materials,
being the same object, you will succeed. No at all, the game is still be affected by this setting, as everything
you see from distance will fade away much quicker, getting nothing more than just the sky. So you better set this
option to max.
* Options - Display Setup - Advanced - Draw Distance set to Max.
* IMPORTANT NOTE!
• The 5 new objects can be found in XNew Files Folder and their collision can be found in
CountryW Folder: countryw_1.col; countryw_2.col; countryw_6.col.
Without installing these files, the game will crash at loading screen. I separate them from the other folder
because IMG Manager doesn't accept new files in Bulk Replace. They are working by simply Import them into the gta3.img.
• The Collision files are part of the game as the new files belong here.
• I haven't tried with SA-MP, the reason is that I get the Microsoft Visual C++ run time error library bug.
Our electricity went down when I was playing SA-MP, result of permanent crashing of Mutliplayer.
Yes, I know that I need to make another account in my PC, but I can't afford to do this right now.
So you need to test it by yourself, but I'm sure it has to work.
• Why No Trees:
* The mod doesn't bring trees because there aren't any unsued .IDE & .IPL. The game accepts only five 5 new strings
of .IDE & .IPL as I already used them somewhere else.
* There is a way for adding trees in the entire game, but is necessary to use San Andreas Limit Adjuster, but as
we all know the Tool is very buggy. What I want for my mod is to not ask for tools, patches in order to play it.
* I have found 4 hidden .lod trees fully functional in vegepart.IDE from generic folder.
* No matter what kind of tree I bring in .lod world, the leaves are not appearing at palm trees,
some trees are disappearing from distance or flickering with each other.
I'm not sure why such problems occur and I have tried to fix these issues with .dff, .col and nothing seems
to bring them back in their normal stage. I think this is the reason R* hide these objects, as they couldn't
bring trees in .lod world. I've found out that these 4 files are used in Project Oblivion and they are working properly.
• Why I haven't fixed Saint Mark's Bistro .lod? Because Project Oblivion uses most of those objects for its own trees,
leaves, bushes, etc, so I can't do anything about this.
• I couldn't manage to bring every object in .lod world because I didn't have enough nearby objects to merge with.
• Those that aren't in .lod world are: Las Brujas; Area 69; Quarry; Pirate Ship with its wooden pylons boulevard from
Pirates In Men's Pants; Prickle Pine; The World's Biggest Cock.
• Works with Project Oblivion. As you already know Project Oblivion is based only on trees that are appearing only
in normal world, still you need to make some tweaks in your own GTA SA if you want to have both mods. The same
goes for any other map/mod that is based on .IDE and .IPL
* The mod includes all the necessary files.
* I arranged the mod in such way because there are over 4500 files and not a single IMG Tool will not accept all of them at ones. It will give some error like a .dff doesn't exist into gta3.img or it's missing that it doesn't want to continue the process.
* We are talking here of changing the entire game. What you can do is:
• Import/Install folder after folder and use rebuild archive after 5 imported folders.
• Import/Install folder after folder and use rebuild archive after you installed all the folder.
* I gave such tips because it's possible that IMG Manager will not rebuild your gta3.img correctly if you choose
the second option. Alci's IMG accepts this method but your game will run more slower, especially at loading screen
maybe because you are rebuilding 4500 files.
Project Oblivion & .Lod Mod
* You need to read this only if you wish to have both mods in your game. If you don't like project Oblivion just drag
everything from the folders in still them where they need to be.
* The same goes for any other map mod that involves the same files as .Lod Mod. I'm sorry but you need to tweak this in order to get the right result.
* Don't INSTALL any .COL file from Project Oblivion. YOU INSTALL ONLY vegepart.COL because is necessary for trees.
* There are many default files in Project Oblivion that doesn't require to be installed, but they are included in the
pack to erase any installed mod to bring back the game to original stage, to Project Oblivion without having bugs.
• Data Folder, generic folder, vegepart.IDE changes only two .lod trees, how explained before. Project Oblivion, vegepart.IDE is more complicated modified so you have just change the following strings with these:
- 784, lod_redwoodgrp, gta_tree_pine, 600, 2097284
- 785, lod_vbg_fir_co, gta_tree_pine, 600, 2130048
• The strings can be found at the bottom of the file. Find their ID's and change them.
• You still need to change the .lod dff as well because these are made to work for the unmodded GTa SA.
• Find and extract redwoodgrp.dff, vbg_fir_co.dff and name them with lod, like above.
• In case if you still get white objects from distance, use Med Editor and find out what's their .txd names and change
them with gta_tree_pine.txd from above.
Now you are done with threes. You don't need to install the generic file anymore.
• Data folder, generic folder: multiobj.ide, dynamic.ide & dynamic2.ide is not affected by Project Oblivion. You can install them safe.
* Data Folder, Maps.
• There few .IDE or .IPL In Project Oblivion that changes the coordinates of some trees. You can check that by viewing the
archive and looking at their date. Most of them are from 2004/2005 when the game was built. What is from 2011 or
possible 2010 as well, those are new and they are just couple of them. How can you install this string to get both mods.
• Before you install .Lod Mod, take the original unmodified .IDE & .IPL and the one from Project Oblivion.
Mark the last paragraph with the mouse when you open both .IPL's [I'm not saying to mark the last paragraph at the
bottom of the file], like when you want to delete the entire string. Now click fast many times on each .IPL to see
where the numbers were changed, then copy the string from Project Oblivion, open .Lod Mod IPL and paste where it belongs.
• Then you scroll down and take another chapter, then again until you reach the bottom.
• These are small tweaks. Somehow you need to modify these coordinates because collisions from Project Oblivion are set with a specific angle in the map when you hit them and if you don't change that is possible to go through the .dff like a ghost or not.
* You have installed both mods. Don't come in this topic and say to me that I'm a terrible modder and the mod crashes
or it doesn't work. I gave you enough information to understand the entire mod.
Have fun and enjoy the mod.