Remember Me
Join
signbit
bit
Discussion

[DRuG]NikT
Posted on 11 Aug 2005, 9:09am

Group: Modders

This mod replaces the AT400 in GTA San Andreas with a Qantas 707 as owned and flown by John Travolta. The model was taken from simviation, then UV mapped, dummies tied to animated parts, then textured for San Andreas by [DRuG]NikT. It is available in gmax format from http://www.simviation.com/fsdesign_gmax.htm The texturing and normals have been worked over so you can put writing on both sides, and to iron out some weirdly visible vertexes. The left and right sides of the plane are in separate images in the txd. The tail and rudders were modeled by me to work around a lack of tools for editing animations - the rudder and elevators in this plane are in fact very reworked vertexes from the AT400's animated parts. The model was originally by George Carty ([email protected]), who converted it in GMAX from a 707-320B by Rok Dolenec ([email protected]). I have obtained written permission from George (thanks mate!) prior to release. For this reason, while I authorise re-skinning of the aircraft (with due credit to myself, Rok & George), please refrain from altering the model. Enjoy!

Evillord52
Posted on 18 Sep 2005, 2:49pm

Is san andreas a gmax compattible game?

[DRuG]NikT
Posted on 21 Sep 2005, 5:06am

GMAX, the free, cut down version of 3D Studio Max, functions in hand with game packs made for it to suit various games for which models can be exported. Unfortunately GTA isn't one of these games.

Discreet, GMAX/3DSMAX's authors, have put a great deal of effort into making GMAX's format non-portable, to encourage people to buy their commercial product.

This, in effect, rules out GMAX for GTA use, however, as some of you may note, that hasn't prevented me from converting this model...

One technique to export a model from GMAX into a more universal format is to export it using the Quake game import/export pack... it allows you to export a model in Quake's native format - for which there are many tools to convert Quake <> 3DS MAX.

From 3DSMAX, it is then asy to use Kam's DFF IO tools to convert the model for Grand Theft Auto.

Hope this helps.

Philadelphia
Posted on 10 Mar 2007, 3:56pm

Group: Members

SUPER JOB!!!!!!!:inlove:

jack_silver
Posted on 09 Jul 2007, 1:47pm

hey plz someone reply my problem! ı do exactly the same things what the instructor writes. but when its ready to play ı open the game when i get to the las venturas airport my pc stops responding. i cant do anything :furious:where did i go wrong??????

[DRuG]NikT
Posted on 22 Nov 2007, 4:15pm

Have you followed the readme file? I've included it below, just in case.

--- Installation: ---

0. Close San Andreas

1. Download the new IMGtool 2.0 updated for San Andreas from

http://spookie.powerpill.co.uk

or

http://www.gtagarage.com

*NOTE* Old Vice one won't work!

2. Find the existing at400.txd and at400.dff in
<san andreas main folder>modelsgta3.img

3. Delete them both from the img using IMGtool

4. Using IMGtool, add the at400.dff and at400.txd in this package.

5. Using IMGtool, select the option to rebuild archive.

6. Open <san andreas main folder>datacarcols.dat in notepad.

7. Find the at400 line in carcols.dat & replace it with this one using notepad, then save:

at400, 1,1

8. Save & Test - there's an at400 at the Las Venturas airport.

Vakselj
Posted on 20 Apr 2008, 10:53am

We really like your mods and are seeking for talented modders on our new project called "GTA PRO" we would really appriciate it if you would contact us on msn:

[email protected] -> remove NO SPAM

(MM)

bumblebeelandsap
Posted on 13 Jun 2009, 4:40am

Group: BUSTED!

man i dont know if some people are retards or not they can download SAMI (San Andreas Mod Installer) and install it :cool: :cool:

[DRuG]NikT
Posted on 30 May 2011, 9:12am

Woohoo! Updated... I've started fixing up all my old mods... might even make a few new ones... only took me 5 years!? Enjoy the now fully refined Boeing 707 - the landing gear is so low so you can enter the plane from the ground... I might eventually put the correct Boeing landing gear on it, but I kinda like the way it's a challenge to land & lines up correctly with all the ramps (not that you need them). Personally, I think the default at400 gear it's currently running helps to make it suit the game better... what are your thoughts folks?

[DRuG]NikT
Posted on 05 Jun 2011, 7:25pm

New update!! Updated in this release: - Even More realistic collision file (tuned so engines don't hit runway signs so easily) - Realistic landing gear - Improved handling

gtashuriken
Posted on 08 Jun 2011, 8:17am

Pls make the landing gear as realistic as possible

[DRuG]NikT
Posted on 09 Jun 2011, 11:30pm

gtashuriken - that's a strange comment to make right after I release a version with more realistic landing gear? Did you take a look at it? Modifying animations to make the gear doors open is impossible as far as i understand... or I would do that too - there just aren't tools for it, I don't think - so you kinda have to work with the original animations for the at400 - and they don't suit the gear doors on a 707

TONZA_117
Posted on 28 Sep 2011, 11:26am

can you make a Qantas skin for it please (if possible otherwise dont worry about it)

swxnov
Posted on 23 Dec 2012, 7:56pm

Can you make a American Airlines Skin Please?? :) COOL MOD HERE :cookie: :cookie:

rinoganteng
Posted on 11 Jul 2013, 6:22am

not bad :dozing:

bit
brick bit ?E?E bit bit
bit bit   bit bit