Remember Me
Join
signbit
bit
Discussion

CarlmmyJohncetti
Posted on 24 Jul 2013, 12:26pm

Group: Modders

Surprised there's no comments. Cool work here, as a long time fan of Resident Evil since the very first game, I appreciate it! Outbreak was quite an overlooked little gem even offline.

MaryseDynasty
Posted on 30 Jul 2013, 7:22am

Thanks a bunch, I have a knack for collecting skins and this will be a nice addition c: The only things I found wrong was the broadened shoulders on Alyssa, but you've noticed that~ Thank you so much for rigging all the outfits as well, once the upload!

EmoScream
Posted on 14 Aug 2013, 7:06am

Group: Members

Thank you SOO much. I really really REALLY LOVE RE Outbreak 1 and 2. Wish they would make a 3rd. So being able to have the characters on gta really helps relive some of the game even if it's just a little. So thank you so much! I was actually looking for this mod for left4dead2 and saw this I'll get more to at the bottom. In short the mod works for me but I don't see Kevin. Although I'm new at skin modding so maybe I'm not doing something right idk. I took me like almost 2 or so hours to figure out how to work cleo and img tool as the only reason I used them today was for this mod in particular. So yes I'm a noob at this stuff. Finally got them to work, the voice change for each probably isn't around so at least for now I'm just sing the mute CJ mod. I don't see Kevin in the mods though for some reason. The one I downloaded. Am I missing something here? I'm new to this site too just activated my account like an hour ago and read about this to see that you would like some comments so yeah. I don't see Kevins skin anywhere. But for me the skins are working great. Love it. Now I just got to figure out a good zombie attack you mod and how to install it and all that and everything will be complete. Uhm, idk if you know how to do this but if you could make the mod skins for Left4dead 1 and 2 or at least just 2 that would be soo incredibly awesome. There is a RE Outbreak file 1 custom map there. If you haven't seen it you should really check it out. Whoever made it did a great job at recreating the places, like Js bar and all that but there are some glitches but it's still a nice flash back lol. But yeah so far as far as I know no one has made custom outbreak characters for it. It would be perfect if it did have the characters. I miss the outbreak games.

EmoScream
Posted on 14 Aug 2013, 7:20am

Never mind about the kevin mod i found him on that link in your description. Only thing I'd add is that when they're crouching down they get a bit distorted. So far that's it but I haven't played that much into it I'm still trying to find those zombie mods to try to install lol

Ertrick36
Posted on 24 Aug 2013, 7:45am

(Sorry about being MIA; I've been busy) @EmoScream, Yeah, I've been mostly using character models from mods. Now, however, I've learned how to transpose the GTA SA models to fit the same exact poses as the meshes for Outbreak that I've extracted. So basically, I'll be able to rig the models to the original SA models, which should fix some issues. However, the legs are always a pain, as they are so close together, and it is easy for newbies to accidentally give the characters webbed legs. And with crouching, it is especially bad, and much more prominent in some of the girls' models. But right now, the legs are the least of my worries; right now, I want to know how the hell I ended up giving Alyssa C an extremely sharp left shoulder blade, among other things :/ For zombie mods, there are a ton to choose from. Seriously, there are a lot. There is even one that was originally going to be basically another "Outbreak", but run on the GTA SA engine. It's around somewhere, but the guys stopped work right when they were going to put in the models, and that is sincerely why I made this mod in the first place. I have that mod and a Left 4 Dead mod on my computer, but sometimes I just feel like playing SAPD:FR with Kevin or going on a killing spree as Cindy or Yoko (I don't know what it is with girls and assault rifles, but I just keep finding myself drawn to running around as these two and raining death on people for some reason :p ). As for Left 4 Dead, I do not have either game... and thus, I do not know what to do. For one thing, every game has a different mesh type, skeleton type, and thus a different method of rigging. With GTA SA, once you know how to do it, it's EXTREMELY easy (the hardest part at this point for me is bug testing and fixing). But I tried the same method for the latest Fallout games, and it DEFINITELY did not work. So unless L4D has a mesh system based off of GTA SA's, it would take some time. I recommend you look for a person who knows how to rig T-Model meshes (meaning that the character is standing straight with arms lifted at 90 degree angles from their bodies to form a "T" shape), see if they are willing to rig some meshes into the game, and then send their contact information to me, as I have all of the original meshes and textures and can send them in a neat little package to the guy (or gal). And with GTA V coming out, my PS3 needing to be replaced, and college starting, I'll basically be strapped for cash, so I can't go buying L4D 1 or 2, as much as I know it is fun. For voice modules, I do have some voice clips that I've chopped up myself. I was originally planning to use them (especially Alyssa's) as soundboards for when I'm playing games online with a mic (I was even going to go as far as possibly take some things that Shion Uzuki from Xenosaga says and paste them into Yoko's soundboard, as they both have the same voice actor, and Yoko's lines are rather plain with a few exceptions). But if I can somehow mod the player sound files, I can use the ad-lib clips to fill in some of the things that would otherwise be said in CJ's voice. Then, I could possibly make several script files that will allow you to use any character's voice for any given SA character (including the player). For future plans, I can go in soon and finish rigging the D and E outfits for the female characters. I may also make my own little remeshes and textures for the characters (e.g. Cindy with a bun, Yoko with longer hair without the disguise, Mark with military/mall cop colored clothes, Alyssa with red hair , and George with different colored scrubs. And yes, the B and C models have been made and I posted them, but they are still waiting approval (after a month or more, I think). Screenshot collection is still incomplete, which is probably part of the reason for the delay. Also, I may consider transferring these over to GTA IV (got it this week on Steam :D ), but I'll need to relearn mesh rigging for that (as it'll be different, I suspect), and there is the simple fact that they may look a little off from the rest of the GTA IV characters (you know, because of different generations and whatnot), but then again I have the girls in Fallout 3, and they actually look alright.

Ertrick36
Posted on 24 Aug 2013, 7:46am

WHOAH, big wall of text. I guess we all are new at something here, eh?

Ertrick36
Posted on 24 Aug 2013, 7:50am

BTW, thanks for the comments and ratings. It really does help me with figuring out how to best set my course. That way, I'll know what people want, what people don't want, and the bugs. If anyone's got something they feel needs to be expressed about this mod, post now, as it'll help us all in the long run.

MaryseDynasty
Posted on 31 Aug 2013, 6:37pm

I'm just excited for when the other models are ready, you've done a great job ^_^

Posted on 08 Oct 2013, 9:20am

Hey guys, I'm sorry I haven't been working on this for a while. I have been entirely busy with real life and I got GTA V, so I haven't been working on this project. I understand that some of you guys may or may not have GTA V, and for those who don't, I'm very sorry. I'll try to crank out the rest of the project concerning the main characters this week, as now I'm taking a break from GTA V/Online. I don't have much left to do. For a reminder, all I have left are the D and E outfits for the girls. Somewhat related news: someone is actually working on a RE Outbreak server revival project, and have gotten servers for both File #1 and File #2 up to the Beta stage (for those who don't know, it's basically a server that's playable, but still is considered a test version due to varying factors [e.g. some people consider GTA Online a Beta due to the fact that there are still major issues persisting, which were discovered when people tried to play the game]). People who are interested should check the forum and the videos out.

Posted on 10 Oct 2013, 12:10am

Thanks for the update, unfortunately I don't have V so this means a lot to at least get a word. Good luck~

Posted on 17 Dec 2013, 7:53am

Thanks a ton for the outfits, really~

Glisp
Posted on 05 Jun 2014, 3:41pm

There's a few more costumes for the female characters only. The D and E costumes. (only found in File 2) There's also another for Yoko that the games treat as an NPC player character and has different stats from Yoko, Yoko Z. Also, there's a few problems with some of the characters' shoulder joints. (most noticable on Alyssa and Jim.) if you can fix this issue, that would be great. Also, from the default PC skins pack, Kevin is missing. Thankfully, there's another default skin kevin floating around that I have. Thank you for doing this. I love the Outbreak games. They are among my favorite Resident Evil games. Also, do you think you could convert TP-400 and Thanatos?

gtamythbusterz
Posted on 11 Jul 2014, 3:14am

Very nice, thank you

bit
brick bit ?E?E bit bit
bit bit   bit bit