Join
signbit
bit
nav_l nav_r
Discussion

tonywob
Posted on 30 Nov 2005, 4:42pm

Group: Modders

Alpha release of MapEditor for GTA III, San Andreas and Vice City.

This application enables you to easily move and add standard IPL objects to the GTA map using drag, copy and paste.

At the moment, the image archiver is disabled along with binary IPL editing. These will be enabled in future releases.

ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR INSTALLATION BEFORE USING THIS SOFTWARE!!!

jarjar
Posted on 01 Dec 2005, 9:08am

Group: BUSTED!

Well done man...this is the best thing i have seen in a long long time for GTA Modding. It is so easy to use and simple, drag, copy, paste, way to cool. Great Job...

YOU ARE A GENIUS MAN....GREAT JOB....

Raoul Duke-HsT-
Posted on 01 Dec 2005, 5:32pm

Group: Members

i love this tool no question the best one out to-date, i only have one problem nothing seems to save when i put things where i want then save it i start the game and nothing has changed. any help.

tonywob
Posted on 01 Dec 2005, 7:08pm

Could be two things:

Most GTA installation files are set as read-only. You will need to right-click on your GTA folder and uncheck the read-only attribute. Also ensure that you select propogate to all child files and folders.

Another problem is that the program is still in a very early stage and you are attempting to move binary IPL files instances (When you select an object, it should say Binary IPL file editing is disabled if the item is binary), you can easily add new objects or copy and paste etc. Don't worry, I do intend to allow you to do this, I just need to get my image archiver working correctly first.

P.S. Glad you like it

Raoul Duke-HsT-
Posted on 02 Dec 2005, 4:44am

Yo so i went and right clicked my gta main folder in the rockstar directory then went to properties and set as a non-read only, then it propted me with this folder or all sub folders so i chose all, sure enough i went in the map editor moved somethings, saved, loaded SA and guess what...........BOOM it worked.

I gotta say thanks man you are amazing. how often does a program come out and have some problem and you ask a question and only get NO answer or NO solution.

SIR YOU ARE A SAINT AMONG MEN. TY

siviss
Posted on 04 Dec 2005, 11:25am

tonywob when i start maper all is ok but when i load map it crash. Why it crashed?

LicH_KinG
Posted on 04 Dec 2005, 1:06pm

yeah it crashed for me to:/??
"corection only city and country side maps dont work but something like tunels work" sorry for my english :|

LicH_KinG
Posted on 04 Dec 2005, 2:57pm

Oh sorry it works just fine just that RADEON 9600 some how can't suport textures so if you could just fix this bug i would be very thankfull "sorry for my english":D:)

THX MAN THIS IS THE GRATEST MOD EVER

tonywob
Posted on 04 Dec 2005, 3:28pm

Hopefully next version will be a bit more stable. This has only been tested on two machines.

If textures don't work, then it means the OpenGL drivers for your graphics card doesn't support the dxt compression extension. Without redoing it with DirectX, there is little I can do.

It should work with your ATI card, I tested it on the 8500 using the latest catalyst drivers, and it worked fine. Try updating the drivers if you haven't already.

LicH_KinG
Posted on 04 Dec 2005, 3:46pm

Thx for the help i'l try

LicH_KinG
Posted on 04 Dec 2005, 4:04pm

Thx man this worked:D:D:D it works

On the next version you could do something about movement

LicH_KinG
Posted on 04 Dec 2005, 7:00pm

Oh man it's so much fun to do stuff with mapper i already crated a new village in bone county:D

simoncampbell
Posted on 06 Dec 2005, 7:34am

Excellent work Tony. This binary editing should allow me to create a whole map from scratch, I can't wait for further releases and features.

Keep up the good work Tony:).

R1fl3m4n
Posted on 06 Dec 2005, 4:58pm

holy f*ck man:) very good ;) glad to see the maping tool:D its just like the map tool for gta vc and gta 3:D glad to see it back:P i already done some things added some realistic runways to the Area 51 etc uh good work have a cookie:)

R1fl3m4n
Posted on 06 Dec 2005, 6:28pm

and man when u will update this?:) maybe this tool will be good for the GTA LVS team ;) and the rest of the teams to speed out the works.. ;)

tonywob
Posted on 06 Dec 2005, 11:04pm

It's updated all the time, keep checking back. Probably be another update towards the end of the week

R1fl3m4n
Posted on 07 Dec 2005, 10:17am

hmm ure right man:) anyway its real good and the update fixed a lot of bugs and made it more eazy to edit:) keep it up ;) gg im a fan of gta so im checking often the sites for new stuff

Road Raptor
Posted on 07 Dec 2005, 5:07pm

IT'S FANTASTIC!!! Do a non-beta version!! do IT! and for real this mod rocks I created a (not-so-good) race track on the tops of the highest buildings in SA:D:D and some little good places for tricks... HAVE TWO COOKIES:D

R1fl3m4n
Posted on 07 Dec 2005, 5:48pm

lolz go eazy on him man jezus:) anyway ya i agree a fine mod the best (of course besides the GXT IMG TOOL TXD EDITOR and the other tools;) ) i hope the final verszion come's soon:)i really need those binary things etc to edith the paths ;) bla bla:D

LicH_KinG
Posted on 07 Dec 2005, 7:34pm

so this new version doesn't work with new drivers some how so i don't know maybe there is some newer drivers?
and i can only update trough the website right? becouse i can't from ATI control center

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8

bit
brick bit ?E?E bit bit
bit bit   bit bit