Remember Me
Join
signbit
bit
UPDATED FINAL BETA

coopgang
Posted on 15 Feb 2008, 6:35am

Group: Members

I'm a little confused. I have the 4th version of the beta and haven't had too many problems as of yet. I'm still in LS, though. AM I in for a rude awakening? And if so, what do I need to do to avoid it?

melolo
Posted on 16 Feb 2008, 1:48am

Group: Modders

I swear i’ll try to do shorter this time... :P

(-Playing on downgraded euro 2.0-)

-Issues:

---Cargobob can’t cargo: A bike fits inside but as you take off, the bike inside stuters and bounces like crazy till exploding, or slips and falls by the rear part.

---Same thing for the Packer: If you load a car on its rear ramp, and then rise that ramp and go ahead, the car gets on cafeine.

---Freeroam buddies always shoot a line when selected; but this line is sometimes wrong for the character, and is from another one of the characters you can choose for that freeroam. (Minor detail: Freeroam in LV spawns you and your buddy in a location different to that in which you pick the icon; Rampage in desert after completion still keeps there the skull for the last level; i guess this is not a bug and is made so you can repeat, but not sure)

---Bike cops spawn in strange places: I didn’t noticed this in LS, but it SF and LV bike cops spawn into areas where never had seen spawning cars at all, like inside industrial areas, the SF port by the carrier where you take export cars, the pit around the Camels Toe piramid, etc. Sometimes they spawn in endeless lines, like a parade.

-“Not sure” stuff: My savegames are corrupted by this time (im ending LV) by several little issues (police station icons, markers not visible...) and for the intensive use of cheats, so i wouldnt be sure about this next two ones, just report them here to see if someone else is finding this problems:

---The big one: After my struggle with the sex minigames, thinking that not passing Millie was making last Salvatore mission not start, it seems like not. Millie and rest of heist missions are passed now (except heist itself), but im not receiving Kent’s call that triggers last LV mission, so im stuck again.

---The small one: Beefy baron, the minigame you can play after Zero’s missions, is really scary: just a couple streets, an invisible rc baron, and endless dark nothingness around.

-Suggestions on stuff that is already in the mod:

---I loved it when i read the Hot ring race from VC was in the mod, i loved that race, a race about speeding for your life under flying-flipping cars in flames, instead of races about brake, brake, then brake again and go as slow as possible, like most races in SA. I went for it as soon as i hit SF, but i felt a bit “uhm...” First, its dark like bowels; Then, cars now are bloodrings instead hotrings, which visually is ok, gives it a different flavour from the VC race; but the problem is the bloodr. is far harder, and never breaks. I won the race at first try, with an insulting difference over rest of racers, never stopping to fix the car, never hitting anybody, and im not a “pro” driver buy any means. I think the race needs much weaker cars that bring “tactics” to the race, making you decide like in VC if you spend valuable seconds fixing your car a couple pixels in the health bar while the competitors pass by you like bullets. Still more, being the Hotrings. in VC so weak, they were exploding all the time, adding to chaos, and adding to that the constant arriving of new cars in the starting area because they were being destroyed. With so sturdy cars as the bloodrs., nothing of that happens (maybe they can just be made “weaker” during the race).

---Its great to be able to “hang around” with your buddies in the freeroams, but they end being so useless with their toy-uzy’s... Italian guys populating LV (by the way, sweeeet idea man) weild heavy dutty Desert eagles, and thats so badass. I miss that badass feeling in my freeroam buddies, specially some of them who are suppossed to be the badassest of the badasses. What about giving them the d.e. instead the uzy? Giving them more feeling of a buddy in the chaos. If the problem is you get a cheap d.e. by killing your freeroam buddy, the gun could dissappear with his dead like it does when you TAB quit the freroam.

(um... post wasn’t short after all... sorry i’ll keep trying ;) )

JC_COOP
Posted on 17 Feb 2008, 11:45am

I noticed an error in one of your datafiles while bughunting. In Peds.ide there is a missing comma just before PED_TYPE_GEN on ped ID number 51.

Also, I don't know if this is a bug or not, but CSBLUE3 is a model referenced by Peds.ide that does not exist.

DeeZire
Posted on 17 Feb 2008, 12:17pm

^ Thanks for that, fixed the first one but the second isnt a bug, the model is in cutscene.img.

jahngaz
Posted on 21 Feb 2008, 8:36pm

@deezire

in cargrp.dat, why does the last line have 2 hash signs at the beginning? i.e ##hotring.
and what are the lines, after the boats line?

in ped.dat, why does the bum group have 2 hash signs at the beginning? i.e ##bum

i'm assumung popcycle.dat can be customised as it only deals with how many peds and cars appear in a certain area, and what times they appear. so changes to it will not affect the mod.

could you possibly sort out the layout of code in vehicles.ide, as there are no column headers for the values.
did you use an editor software of some kind to make changes to it and that is why its like that?

atfburner
Posted on 22 Feb 2008, 10:07pm

im considering the night vertex bugs in original version does your mod need these fixes ?

ex:
user posted image

edit:
@jahngaz
the hash symbol at the start of a line indictates this is a Comment line which gets ignored

DeeZire
Posted on 23 Feb 2008, 8:08am

Yes, those would be handy!

atfburner
Posted on 23 Feb 2008, 3:22pm

may take a week or even two, last night i found a load of these bugs.

edit
I would like to submit a fix for a small r* bug but...
Having fun with binary ipls atm, cant decompile then recompile
fixes without errors using ocram's Binary-(De)Compiler
actually i cant even decompile an original then recompile :/
any tips ?

anyways heres the bug.
user posted image

melolo
Posted on 23 Feb 2008, 11:06pm

QUOTE (melolo @ 23:32, Feb 10 2008)

-Spray can AND cam: I always felt like a design mistake in SA that the spray and camera used the same inventory place. You need the can all the time while wandering around in LS at the beggining, and you want the cam to make pics whenever it pops the opportunity. You can carry loads of stupid things, but not can and cam at the same time, sigh...

Sorry for requesting for that to be done for the mod, i thought it would be some complex codding problem...
Well, thanks to a reply in other thread i've learned how to change cars for gangs or areas, and that took me to try the weapons file and to find that getting spray can and camera at same time needed to change just one number with the notepad... Hey, look at me! I'm a modder now! xD

It was so easy, when the incompatibility of this 2 objects in the inventory has driven me nuts for years. Well, now i would like to try changing some other little stuff, if that things dont need codding abilities, and so i would like to know where would be the correct place here in gtagarage to ask n00bie questions to modders without plagging the TTDISA forum.

Thanks.

DJ Will
Posted on 24 Feb 2008, 5:44pm

Nothing loads after the cutscene of Home Invasion

atfburner
Posted on 24 Feb 2008, 11:22pm

As promised heres the fix for the r* chappel bug in SFN

--
user posted image
--
download
--

jahngaz
Posted on 24 Feb 2008, 11:40pm

QUOTE (melolo @ 23:06, Yesterday)

It was so easy, when the incompatibility of this 2 objects in the inventory has driven me nuts for years. Well, now i would like to try changing some other little stuff, if that things dont need codding abilities, and so i would like to know where would be the correct place here in gtagarage to ask n00bie questions to modders without plagging the TTDISA forum.

Thanks.

just use the other topic http://www.gtagarage.com/discussion/topic.php?T=960
or just create a general one on here.

melolo
Posted on 26 Feb 2008, 12:08am

QUOTE (jahngaz @ 23:40, Feb 24 2008)
just create a general one on here.

Uhmm... i'm not sure if that would be correct (sorry i'm new to this forums thing). Ok, i'll open a new topic here for asking some questions about basic modding, DeeZire if that's not correct just tell me and i'll delete the topic.

atfburner
Posted on 27 Feb 2008, 7:33pm

more orignal r* bugs getting fixed

-
user posted imagedownload
-
-

Added to original. Made half a dozen model mods to include various new effects let me know if you want this stuff

ex: added smoke to chimneys

user posted image

DeeZire
Posted on 27 Feb 2008, 11:22pm

Yeah, post em, real good work!

atfburner
Posted on 28 Feb 2008, 2:58am

dbl post
/me looses cake bonus

atfburner
Posted on 28 Feb 2008, 3:03am

Theres a video preview (all <500kb) in each archive or you can visit my photobuckect space for previews
-
chillidogcart

des_bigbull

noodlecart_prop

desn2_stripsigs1

hashblock1_10_sfs (my favorite)

-

Im open to any suggestions / changes.

still looking for any hints/tips/how-to's for binary compiling
(not using med) would help get another ingame bug squashed.

DeeZire
Posted on 28 Feb 2008, 7:52am

Nice:)

Where did you find that hidden R* image?

atfburner
Posted on 28 Feb 2008, 4:27pm

omg sry "edit post" seams to dbl post a bit

atfburner
Posted on 28 Feb 2008, 4:27pm

on the bully disc:

CONFIG / DAT / KEWL.DAT
:p

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10

Back to topic listings