Remember Me
Join
signbit
bit
Dodo? Maverick? GTA 3?

DeathIsCertain
Posted on 21 Aug 2007, 5:49pm

Group: Modders

i did not know there is a dodo u can fly that doesnt just go down in the water. and how will u get the helicopter accescible? :whuh:

Claude007
Posted on 23 Aug 2007, 3:38pm

Hi,

Well the heli actually SUCKS.
Its hard to control and is totally worthless, I only put it there for fun.

The special Dodo Airplane is the real attraction with the mod.
If you go to Portland (around the Porter tunnel) you may see a Dodo with big wings fly over the city.
This savegame has been written so that it shows up in your garage and is flyable, īcause:r*:obviously did not remove the planes col-files and handlingfiles.
It is possible to shoot it down from the air.

I will now upload pictures of the FW-Dodo, have a look!

Sektor_Z
Posted on 30 Aug 2007, 2:23am

Group: Members

The game crashes when the garage doors open. I guess it can't handle well the spawning of the dodo/helicopter and I really wanted to fly those:(
Any ideas? Or any other way I can make them accessable?

Claude007
Posted on 30 Aug 2007, 4:41pm

Hi,

I am sorry it did not work for you...

Have you deleted the files txd.dir and txd.img from your GTAIII/models directory?

Also it will not work out if you have version 1.1 of the game.:(

Try deleting the files, and, if you have 1.1, there is sadly nothing to do.

Sektor_Z
Posted on 30 Aug 2007, 4:52pm

Okay I'll try a different version. Yes, I've deleted them but it still crashed :f
I'll tell ya if it works =)

I did try another version but I think it was 1.0 or something (how do I check the version, it's usually in the game menu or preloader..)
Anyways it still crashes on spawning, I guess the game engine doesn't really handle the scripts you wrote/changed very well :/
And I really want to see that helicopter...

You said about a patch, could you tell me where I can find it?
Also you work on a fix for that, which is great, I really hope you finish it!

--
I've shot the full-winged dodo many times. I really like flying the dodo too, which I learned many years ago:) I would really like to see the full-winged one and the possible changes in it's controls too :[

--
Hey could you do me a favour and just try to spawn the heli at belleville park? No other special cars? Maybe it's just one of them that makes this happen? I tried
HELI.DFF - 0111 - BELLEVILLE.garage - /IS_ENTERABLE
but it's just that I don't know what you're using to edit it... Please do it and send it to me at aleluia(at)abv.bg
I tried to email you before but your mail has a dot in it which makes a mess...

Claude007
Posted on 08 Sep 2007, 2:23am

Hi,

The thing I wrote on the website is nothing like the original code. The original code is like lots of this: 01010101010101010101010101010101010.
I wrote that on the website to make it easier to understand what it is like, actually I had a program help me a little :blush:

I tried to spawn the Heli at SSV, and it does not work for me either...
Did when I created the savegame.

I will try my best to create a mod, not a saved game, that makes this possible to spawn.

It is obviously what the game thinks of as an unsafe vehicle and stops it from spawning. :cry:

I will make a post in the news section as soon as I finished the fix.

BTW: Does the portland garage open up and show you the black Borgnine?

Best Regards
Claude007

Sektor_Z
Posted on 08 Sep 2007, 1:10pm

Yup, the Borgine cab shows just fine, but none of the other garages would open. Can't wait for the mod :3
Really:p
And please add some pics of the chopper flying anyways, i'm really curious

Claude007
Posted on 08 Sep 2007, 1:41pm

Hi,

I have uploaded the fix!

Try it.

If it does not work, start a new game...

This is more of a standalone mod:)

Sektor_Z
Posted on 08 Sep 2007, 4:35pm

I'm really glad you've decided to fix this, but now the game crashes even earlier, while loading. No matter if new game, saved game or your eXtreme saved game. Maybe the HowTo wasn't clear enough, should I have deleted those txd files again? Cause I'm gonna try that, but I doubt it will work... And was it just a full-winged dodo based patch? Still, I hope you'll keep trying, after all most of the people have version 1.1 which may explain why the mod is more unfamous as it shouldnt, it's really something new (a chopper in GTAIII)

Claude007
Posted on 08 Sep 2007, 5:57pm

Thatīs too bad :/

I hope you backed up the files the fix replaces...

Iīm going to keep on trying.
There must be some way to fix it! :)

Sektor_Z
Posted on 09 Sep 2007, 1:42am

I really hope you manage to fix it, I've even learned a bit about car editing thanks to you:)
And still, I'd really love to see the chopper, and I had backed up everything, infact I have three copies of GTA III, because I kept trying to make this work:)

Claude007
Posted on 10 Sep 2007, 6:14am

Good that you didnīt have to reinstall:)
The fix I made really should work, because it enables these unsafe vehicles and should spawn the FW-Dodo.

Anyway I just found out I spawned the wrong chopper in my mod :blush:
I tried to spawn "Heli" which obviously is the unflyable īchoppers that spawn at the airport.
You know, those with horrible textures? ;)

"Chopper" is the Police Maverick. :D
Then there is "EscapeChopper", the white chopper that is used in the last mission. That one is not even solid ;)

From now on I will be working on a ChopperMod for GTA3.
Have a look, I will upload description.

Sektor_Z
Posted on 10 Sep 2007, 9:16am

This is great! I've managed to get to the EscapeChopper, it's barely solid around the blades motor and... I really hope you manage to do the Chopper mod:)

Claude007
Posted on 10 Sep 2007, 6:07pm

Yeah, I got the ChopperMod uploaded, works fine AND with 1.1.
It spawns the chopper around the airport, it replaces two of the Dodos at the airport.
I did a little research and found out that the game blocks certain vehicles because they lack the handling file.

In handling.cfg the Chopper did not have any lines at all, except the lines that describes the size of the heli.
I gave it lines and enabled it as a vehicle, wrote "executive" which means you may now see a chopper or two roaming the streets of Liberty City ;)
These will just hover above the ground and you canīt jack them, neither can the peds get out :happy:

Try the ChopperMod!

alexmuranaka
Posted on 30 Jan 2012, 3:13pm

hey Claude007! how i am supposed to delete txd.img and txd.dir if gta 3 creates this image again when i load a savegame? i installed the mod but it crashes! then i installed d magic wheel mod and it worked! why the cars doesnt have wheels? also, i cant see the chopper at the airport :( theres other mod that allows you to fly but the helicopter is crappy and replaces mr. whoopee. please fix that thing so i can enjoy gta 3 with a helicopter that flies like a real helicopter!

GTASanAndreas12345
Posted on 04 Aug 2013, 4:44pm

This person has brainwashed all of you into thinking this is legitimate. It's fake. Enough said.

kewun
Posted on 31 Aug 2014, 9:33am

nab, You used mods to get the full wing dodo, heli, other sh*t The Users that download ur save game they dont have the mods You should be not in modding, son

Back to topic listings

bit
brick bit ?E?E bit bit
bit bit   bit bit