:) :) :) :) How much time it took you?

J3LM3R
Posted on 24 Apr 2007, 5:20pm

Group: Modders

About 3/4 months building time...:blink:

Murdercommitedbyme
Posted on 30 Apr 2007, 5:41pm

:D :D :D If you want to take a look at my mods look at textures and stunt zones. I am also planning to plase some ministries at islands and buildings. Look for them please and tell me if they are good.

J3LM3R
Posted on 01 May 2007, 3:24pm

As far as I can tell from the screens you made.. they look good. The things you should look out for are objects that float above the ground. And if you place two objects like the "Jetdoor" you used, next to eachother. When the two sufaces overlap you can move one of them just 0,02 forward with MEd. This makes sure that the textures of the objects don't start to flash. (you can see the flash effect here )

good luck with the other two mods you're planning to build.

Jelmer

Murdercommitedbyme
Posted on 12 May 2007, 6:30am

Yes I know, one of my friends told me the same think. Anyway, I will try to make my mods look better. Do you know how can I place LODS?

J3LM3R
Posted on 13 May 2007, 2:53pm

Placing LOD files is done the same way as a normal object.
If you have an object, you search for the LOD file that belongs to that object. You place it just the same way on exactly the same co÷rdinates as the object itself. when yoo have the latest MEd - you select the object (not the LOD). In the "Item" tab you can select the LOD. (lowest box...) The last step makes sure the LOD file dissappears when the object appears.

For short:
-place object.
-place the LOD that belong to the object on excactly the same co÷rds.
-link the LOD to the object by selecting the object and selecting the LOD in the list that appears.
more info on placing LOD files should be at the tutorial forum at http://www.gtaforums.com.

good luck,
Jelmer

Murdercommitedbyme
Posted on 14 May 2007, 11:38am

Thanks a lot. I have one more question. Can you tell me how can I make a building enterable?

If you want to communicate better with me, e-mail me from GTA Forums in my profile or at <<[email protected]>>

J3LM3R
Posted on 14 May 2007, 8:00pm

You're mailadress doens't work... :/

"You can make a building enterable by making enex codes in the main.scm - problem is; you'll habe to start a new game to make them work. there is an option by making them in an IPL file but you still have to start a new game (otherwise the yellow marker won't appear) - When you've made it in the IPl file you can use the code (it will spawn you) but you have to know where you've placed the marker.

If you want a building enterable you must have:
-exterior (very obvious)
-interior to spaw to
-enex codes
-doors (optional)*
*there are some doors that can be opened (by walking against it). when a door is near a marker CJ will automatically walk to it in the cutscene. (like the normal savehouses).

It's very hard to make an interior work. You can search for a mod that has an interior and strip the mod down so you can find out how it excactly works.
There is an excellent tutorial available about enex-codes on GTAforums ( http://www.gtaforums.com).
I'm pretty sure the will be another topic about interiors.

If you take the time to search the forum, I think you can find out how it should be done.

Good luck,
Jelmer"

CJFUCKTHESA
Posted on 14 May 2007, 9:08pm

Group: BUSTED!

Hi!! MY FRIEND MURDERCOMMITEDBYME IS A GOOD MODDER. I WANT TO KNOW YOUR OPINION ABOUT MY MODS. PLEASE TELL ME!!:D :D

J3LM3R
Posted on 15 May 2007, 1:35pm

They look good except the screens are very dark so it's hard to see what you have really build... If you can get screenshots that are lighter (or made in MEd) modders can have a better idea of what the mod is...
good luck with finishing your mods...

Jelmer

redlad
Posted on 16 May 2007, 8:28am

I have not tried this yet, but have you tested that the boat school still works?

CJFUCKTHESA
Posted on 16 May 2007, 9:03am

Thank you a lot!! If you want to talk better go to gtaforums and sent me an e-mail!! :) :)

J3LM3R
Posted on 16 May 2007, 8:09pm

@redlad
I haven't tried any missions yet with the mods... I assume you have 100% completed game and don't have to do missions any more...

I know that the island could be an obstacle during missions zo I always try to make the mod in a way so you can keep your saved games... As far as I know there are two missions that are harder/impossible with the mod installed... but you can easy uninstall it when you need to finish the mission... (just delete the line in gta.DAT)

Thanks for letting me know..
Jelmer

Murdercommitedbyme
Posted on 17 May 2007, 9:51am

Actually my e-mail is [email protected] and by the way thanx for your co-operation and accistance. Now on if you want to comunicate with me, e-mail me at the address an that I showed you.

CJFUCKTHESA
Posted on 17 May 2007, 9:55am

YOU ARE SUCH A NICE GUY!! I WNT TO MEET YOU BUT HOW??!! I WNT YOUR HELP TO FIX MY MODS BETTER.:D :) :r*:

J3LM3R
Posted on 17 May 2007, 7:15pm

If you want to improve your mods (like me). You could start a topic in GTAforums in the mapping section. If you explain what you're building you can get more feedback on you mod and help from more experienced modders... This has defenatly helped for me... also in the tutorail forum are lots of topics that can help you out of your troubles... If you read them and try simple things (like small mods for yourself - just to find how things work) you can become an advanced modder yourself!:D

Good luck,
Jelmer

CJFUCKTHESA
Posted on 18 May 2007, 8:10am

Thank you G:) :)

Murdercommitedbyme
Posted on 18 May 2007, 8:14am

:/:/:/Do you know who the webmaster of this site is?

CJFUCKTHESA
Posted on 18 May 2007, 9:33am

ARE YOU BOY OR GIRL????:( :bbq:

J3LM3R
Posted on 18 May 2007, 7:27pm

Boy.. bad luck for you man...:P

Pages: 1 2

Back to topic listings

bit
brick bit ?E?E bit bit