bit
nav_l nav_r
near the island the game crashes

kac.marko
Posted on 25 Sep 2006, 12:21pm

Group: Modders

You see it is not the gameīs fault! It`s your fault because
there something too much in the air and it is not conected to
the rest of the island. That was the problem in my mod that iīm building, so if itīs the same for you i donīt know.:/

J3LM3R
Posted on 29 Sep 2006, 4:42pm

I don't know whats wrong with the island. Ii'm thinking of finishing it as far as I can and then post it so someone else can have a look at it and see if he can make it work.

I don't have much time lately to mod :/because I'm in the final year of school. :)

J3LM3R
:rah:

SmokingCookie
Posted on 24 May 2007, 4:13pm

First of all, I would like to wish you VERY good luck with school :) (I hate school:) )

Well, let's get to the point: you need to make an interior IPL or IDE (I am not very sure, since I am new to mapping), but you also need to place a marker connected to that file. You need to give the game coords from one marker to the other and back. After that, you're done!

Good luck with any other mods,
SmokingCookie

J3LM3R
Posted on 24 May 2007, 10:58pm

I've found out how to make an enex marker (interior) at gtaforums tutorial forum...:D I've tried this and it works so that shouldn't be a problem any more... The only thing is that you'll have to start a new game to make the yellow marker appear (since a don't like a big yellow marker in a nice scenery - I think I'll leave it that way - I'll post in the readme where you can enter because the spawn codes do work... :D )

Thanks anyway for the suggestion and the positive reactions I've recieved from you,
J3LM3R

SmokingCookie
Posted on 28 May 2007, 10:07am

I've been studying the "how to" tutorials and I've found out lots od things by trying myself. The basics are: you ALWAYS need an IPL file for maps, otherwise, it won't work. The IDEs are there to make sure the objects wil be visible from miles away, or only metres away (the IDEs were used by :r*:to force the objects to show up). In the IDE file, you can set a couple of numbers, one of them is the draw distance: set this to 1500 for an LOD, or 300 for a normal model. If there's anything you need to know, I'll have a look at the tutorials.

Special thanks to wazzup for his video tutorial, he allowed me to understand more and more and more about mapping :D

Hope to see the mod in SA,

SmokingCookie

J3LM3R
Posted on 29 May 2007, 8:49am

Thanks for the research... I'll try some things myself aswell... have a cookie :cookie::cookie::D
J3LM3R

Back to topic listings

bit
brick bit ?E?E bit bit
bit bit   bit bit