Join
signbit
bit
nav_l nav_r
questions

kilo_1_1
Posted on 18 Jul 2006, 11:52am

Group: Members

1) when u shoot the missles do they blow up?
2) do the doors open?
3) does the shooting range work like it does at Amunation?

J3LM3R
Posted on 18 Jul 2006, 7:31pm

Group: Modders

1) when u shoot the missles do they blow up?
Sorry but the missiles do not blow up. There are to many located at one spot (vx-st.rage); but be happy - if they could ; your graphics card would probably crash:turn:

2) do the doors open?
All the doors in the vx-storage and most of the doors on The Island are able to be opened (just walk against it and they'll open as you walk in - like in the crackfactory (final mission).
the doors that don't open on the island will have an ENEX code (yellow marker) that let's you enter the building

3) does the shooting range work like it does at Amunation?
(I think you mean the one at the island - latest screens) it doesn't work like the one at ammunation - simply because it would use a mission code; if it could you'll have to start a new game - wich i'm trying to avoid as much as possible.

If I need to modify the main.SCM I'll attach a saved game to the mod so you don't have to start all over again (but that could take a while).

I'll try to inform you all as much as possible in the readme of the Island and on this site.

If you have any other questions please feel free to post them in this topic or start another topic.

J3LM3R :cool:

kilo_1_1
Posted on 19 Jul 2006, 3:42am

k thx

kilo_1_1
Posted on 19 Jul 2006, 3:58am

o 1 more thing
im new to mods
does it cost money to down load them

J3LM3R
Posted on 19 Jul 2006, 1:06pm

:p :p :p
nope; you can download them for free - some editing programs require regestring, and some offer you the oppertunity for a donation in the readme but you could say all the mods are free.

so don't worry - it's not going to cost you anything (the only thing modders would like in return is to show them respect by rating their mod's - and telling them how good they are :p :p )

btw: you could use the "edit" button when you posted somthing and you want to change or add something -> so you don't have to make another reply.

J3LM3R

kilo_1_1
Posted on 19 Jul 2006, 8:14pm

thx alot

J3LM3R
Posted on 19 Jul 2006, 9:41pm

your welcome

happy modding!!:p

J3LM3R
:cool:

dan_m
Posted on 29 Jul 2006, 11:00pm

VERY good!
Quick Question: Will CJ be able to cross the no admittance sign on the stairs?
Also, looking at the screen of the island, Bayside Marina and Garver Bridge, it looks like it will be under water, because the rock (ground) looks too low.

J3LM3R
Posted on 03 Aug 2006, 5:08pm

qst-1. yes you can break it and walk through if i'm correct. (I'll have to see it when i'm fixing bugs etc. working on that now)
qst-2. the island is exactly above the water surface (I made it with pieces ground that have no height (just flat) - I've placed them on the water level and I've build the Island on top of it)
ex. (in IPL file)
6959, vegasNbball1, 0, -2598.73, 1802.23, 0.7, 0, 0, 0, 1, -1
height (bold)

the height is 0.7 - 0 is the water height; normal weather
it's 0.6 when stormy (no water editor used)

The rocks you mentioned are the rocks that will fill the gap between the seabed and the Island.

(sorry for any lack of update recently; I've just finished my casemod pc and had to reinstall the whole system)

J3LM3R

Back to topic listings

bit
brick bit ?E?E bit bit
bit bit   bit bit