Remember Me
Join
signbit
bit
Nice Job

K.I.T.T.
Posted on 29 May 2006, 7:50am

Group: Modders

Hey just wanted to say nice job. I've been waiting for an Alcatraz mod to come out for San Andreas (especialy since the game has San Francisco in it) and I love the movie "The Rock". What you've done is great but i can't get in because the truck's in the way. Any ideas?

P.S. love the ramp to get on the Aircraft carrier.:D

J3LM3R
Posted on 29 May 2006, 5:46pm

I use a carspawner(by Jakob?) to spawn a really small a car/quad on the exact location where the truck is standing. this sould make space to pass. (the car I spawn is RC-CAM - a small strange vehicle -> don't have a real disciption of it).

The truck problem will be fixed when i've finished the island and found somebody to move/delete it for me (in the main.SCM). there will be also some other stuff added (weapons? etc).

If you have trouble with your computer running really slow while your in the VX-building, please report this - I might concider making a version for a slower (like my) computer.

The island is still causing troubles on some objects. And needs a lot of work to finish - mostly bug fixing and scripting (I'm hoping for somebody who can make a mission script comparing to the movie).
I have some time to work on it this week and I will use every minute I have to finish it asap.

In the mean while enjoy the screens that I will upload as soon as I have finished parts of the island.

K.I.T.T.
Posted on 30 May 2006, 2:26pm

Yeah, thanks for that. i got in and my computor does slow down in the vx room. though i do have a fairly new computor, i run SA on the highest settings. i think there is way to much smoke in the VX room, i can't see a thing.
can you make the smoke any thinner?

P.S. is the mod going to feature the underwater enterance they used in the movie?

J3LM3R
Posted on 30 May 2006, 8:14pm

Try it around 10pm the smoke should be less heavy. I'll make another version that doesn't have the smoke effects.
(I just uploaded the CPU friendly version) ;)

The entrance to the island will be under the water - i'm working on that now (on the north-west side). It will lead to the powerstation. The tunnels will continue from there under the watertower to the cell block that will be accessible wia the panels in the floor (see screens). there will be a connection to the shower room and the building at the dock that they use as controlcenter in the movie (the building next to the cellblock). There will be various other connection underneath the island.

The entire mod will contain 3 packages
-Vx-storage
-The island
-The missiles (at the lighthouse etc.)

The last is a small one (so you can choose with or without the missiles)

(maybe I will concider to make the FBI emergency Hq in the warehouses opposite the island)

If you have any suggestions please tell me - there a still a lot of things possible since the island isn't finished yet.

K.I.T.T.
Posted on 31 May 2006, 7:49am

Are you going to put in the mine cart area where they race down the track in the cart?

J3LM3R
Posted on 31 May 2006, 3:39pm

Thanks for the idea, I almost forgot that part. ;)

I'm trying to but it will be diffucult because of the limited room I have left under the island. I will try to build it in the island but then it will be a combination of other parts. I'll see what I can do but don't count on it.

I had a look at the island in SA but there are still a lot of things to be done (especially at bug fixing and draw-distance wich is not my speciality:/).

I'l post news when I've finished parts etc.

Matqo
Posted on 22 Apr 2007, 5:52pm

Group: Members

PLease say i cant find the bunker can u help him find it????

J3LM3R
Posted on 24 Apr 2007, 5:24pm

here is a discription where everything is located... (if you've installed it correctly - it will be at the SF military base - the one with the aircraft carrier)

look in the other discussion forums for more info...
Jelmer

Back to topic listings

bit
brick bit ?E?E bit bit
bit bit   bit bit